April is Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month, a time for communities to come together to build caring connections, supportive environments, and positive experiences for all children. Though this is important year-round, April gives us the opportunity to shine a light on child abuse and inspire conversations about how to prevent it.
Here are two easy ways to get started with Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month!
- Participate in Texas’ Go Blue Day by wearing blue Friday, April 7th. Join us and other Texans in wearing blue, the official color of child abuse prevention, to show their support for children. If you post photos of you or your group on social media wearing blue, tag HCWC and Stop the Hurt!
- Fill out the “I Wear Blue Because” signs included in the toolkit and share how you support and advocate for children. Hang your sign in your office, on your door, or share it on social media.
Get the Toolkit
Download Stop the Hurt’s 2023 Child Abuse Awareness and Prevention Month Take Action! Toolkit to learn more about child abuse and ways to create positive environments for children.
This year’s toolkit includes:
- Social Media & Newsletter Posts
- Preschool and Elementary Activities
- “Talking to Your Child About Body Safety” Guide
- And more!
Please complete the form below and click submit. You will be directed to a page to download the toolkit.
Leave A Comment